24/11/2014

Nelson Lakes

From Nelson I jumped into Carina's car and we headed south to a little city called St. Arnaud. Lake Rotoiti lies in 90km south from Nelson. The lake is surrounded by mountains, so Carina and I went to see how the life looks from Mt. Robert which is on the western side of Lake Rotoiti. A steep path up took 1,5 hours and opened astonishing views at the altitude of over 1500 meters. Going up was easy and nice, but the way down started hurt my toes, like I guessed.

After Nelson lakes we head to Greymouth with Carina and from there I continue cycling down the Westcoast. The distance from Greymouth to Queenstown is around 600 km, and should take from me about 10 days. Let's see how it goes - I've read that West Coast should be called Wet Coast because its raining a lot.


Camping in Kerry Bay, St. Arnaud
View from Kerry Bay. On the right: Mt. Robert
Climbing up, Mt. Robert
On the top of Mt. Robert
A view to south

1 comment:

  1. Ihania maisemia, joista tulee ihania kuivia. Nauti olostasi. A&H

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!