01/01/2015

New Year 2015

From Wellington I took a bus to Hastings on 26th December. I had now two days time to spend on East Coast before the new year festival "Rhythm and Vines" would start on 28th in Gisborne.

In Hastings I visited Craggy Range winery, which is on my opinion one of the best wineries in Hawkes Bay wine region. Craggy Range has some really nice Bordeaux blends and also their Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay charmed me. Worth trying definetly!

From Hastings/Napier I cycled to Gisborne in two days and I suffered again a flat tyre, even though the tube was totally new, but for some reason it cracked from inner surface like the previous tubes had done as well.

In Gisborne we met with our exchange student group again and in total we were 7 people participating to Rhythm and Vines festival from 28th December to 1st of January. The main artists in the festival were Bastille, Nestky and Mø. What was quite unsual was the campground: we were literally staying in the middle of a vineyard. Whoa, it was exclusive!
As a conclusion I must say that this must have been my best new years eve so far. Instead of snow and frost I was just enjoying sun, good music and the company of nice Kiwi people.


Napier, the Art Deco capital of NZ

Napier Beach Boulevard

*****




Our campground

Arcadia Afterburner stage



Some beerpong in the pool

A waterslide, naturally





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!