26/12/2014

Mt. Cook -> Christchurch

Christchurch would be my end station on South Island and from there I would fly to Wellington and continue forward to East Coast towards Gisborne where my plan was to celebrate new year.

Stages from Mt. Cook:
20.12 Mt. Cook - Lake Alexandrina 112km
21.12 Lake Alexandrina - Waihi Gorge 112km
22.12 Waihi Gorge - Rakaia Gorge 93km
23.12 Rakaia Gorge - Christchurch 97km

On my way I suffered again several flat tyres because I found out that all of my tyres had a manufacturing fauld and they cracked slowly from the inner circle. Plenty of stops, patches and nerves. In Mt. Somers I fixed my trailers fork which had been broken since Invercargill. Thanks for Hendrik from Mt. Somers Service Centre for helping me with the fork! Also I had two broken spokes which made the last 100km a bit tricky, since the rear wheel was getting more and more unstable. 

I spent my Christmas in Christchurch in Vagabong hostel, together with very nice people. On xmas eve we rented a car with two Swedish girls, Maja&Julia, and went to check out the Akaroa Peninsula, which lies south east from Christchurch. Nice and different xmas eve in a nice company with hot wearher.




Lake Pukaki B Power Station

Dinner trout from Waihi Gorge
Fixing my trailers fork in Mt. Somers Service Centre

Christmas Eve in Akaroa, Christchurch


Maybe not the most traditional Christmas dish, but it was fine!

Time to prepare bicycle for the flight


Leaving Christchurch 25th December

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!