07/12/2014

Wanaka & Queenstown

After arriving to Wanaka it felt really good to get tyres fixed. Also having service on mobile phone after 3 days of silence was nice.

Wanaka became immediately one of my favourite cities so far - it has nice little city centre and the surrounding views are just astonishing.

From Wanaka to Queenstown I took the scenic route, which climbs up to 1076 meters, which is actually the highest point of sealed road in New Zealand. After the terrible hill I was freewheeling forever and approaching the sunny Queenstown. On my way there I stopped in Arrowtown. What a lovely little gold mining town from the past!

Queenstown, as I expected, was very touristic and consumer-centered. Beautiful views, but nothing historic or interesting to see in the city. One night in Queenstown was totally enough, and after that I took a ferry cross the lake to Walter Peak, where I continued my journey towards Mavora Lakes and Te Anau.


Lake Wanaka
Mountain Biking around Lake Wanaka

Lake Wanaka

A bit frosty morning between Wanaka and Queenstown
New top speed record after continuing down from Crown Range Summit!

Arriving to Queenstown

Queenstown Down Town

Queenstown on evening

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!