12/10/2014

Waiheke Island by bicycle

After weeks of searching I managed to find and buy a nice MTB from Trademe. I had nothing to do on Sunday, so it was a good idea to check out Waiheke Island, which is close to Auckland. Waiheke is known for its green hills and multiple wineries.

My route went via the Eastern tip to South and finally to the Onetangi Beach. The whole trip was 52km and took me 7 hours. It's hard do describe how much steep hills I faced during the trip. At least I had no problems falling asleep that night!

I have to mention this funny announcement that I heard from the captain in the return ferry:
"Hopefully you enjoyed your weekend on the lovely Waiheke Island. Now it is our job to take you back to the reality."



My new MTB, Trek X-Caliber 29er


Waiheke wineyards


Found this horse standing in the middle of nowhere. Had to take a photo!

Visiting Man O'War winery


Funny fans in a restaurant, close to Onetangi Beach

Spring is here, and the ice cream was irresistible


Onetangi Beach

Returning to Auckland on Sunday evening

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!